Search my Blogs and my website

Friday 25 January 2013

On the telly again!


   I don’t court publicity, honest, but….

    ….I always seem to end up in the paper or on the telly every now and then.

    I got myself on TV with my homemade biodiesel exploits during the fuel blockades a few years ago and not forgetting the ridiculous publicity that resulted from the Jet Powered Shopping Trolley. National and international media, a cameo on ‘Have I got News For You’, an offer to appear on Richard & Judy, the Graham Norton Show etc etc.

  I can’t take all the credit this time however, I suspect it was more down to the cute ‘snow dog’ factor than my exploits. Both my huskies are working dogs – they spent most of their early lives dragging me around on a scooter behind them.  They are getting on a bit now and are sort of semi-retired but we still enjoy a gentle mush every now and then.  Obviously, we don’t get snow quite as often here as Siberia but when we do we all go out ‘Dogboarding’ where the boys drag me along on my snowboard like a water skier.

  Anyway, we went out the other day in the snow up to Burgh Castle and spent a while whizzing about. Mrs. Cosmic filmed us setting off and I posted the film on Facebook when we got home.

  Imagine our amazement when I found a short clip of the film being aired on BBC Look East teatime news as part of a montage showing various people making the most of the snowy weather. Wahey!  First time the hounds have been on the telly – excellent!


No comments:

Post a Comment